On Episode 4 of You, Me, Empathy, I explore Self-Care with actor, writer, and filmmaker Katie Hilliard. Katie, a previous guest of Joy Sandwich, is an empathy inspiration for me and a human that actively seeks new ways to adopt self-care in her life.
In our chat, we touch on what self-care and self-love mean to each of us, how self-loathing and self-hate can sneak in, the importance of being vulnerable and open with our emotions, the power of relating to each other, and much more. Katie also shares her moving miscarriage story, insights into her childhood sensitivity and the loss of her father.
Thanks to listening. And thanks for empathizing with us!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Rate and review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!
- Right-click here and save as to download this episode to your computer
- Katie Hilliard
- Katie on Twitter @frecklefacekh
- Katie on Instagram @frecklefacekate
- Katie's short film, brief
- Katie's powerful story about her miscarriage: On getting pregnant and losing it
- The Imagined Life
- Interactive self-care guide
- The Day I Stopped Eating