On Episode 6 of You, Me, Empathy, I sit down with Tony the therapist for another installment of Tony Time on the topic of PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder). We explore the burden we feel as mentally ill humans, the lasting effects of traumatic experiences, and self-regulation techniques including mindfulness, yoga, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, and more.
We also talk about how children adapt to survive in trauma, reconnecting with ourselves through therapy, the body awareness aspect of PTSD, and somatic healing.
Thanks for listening. And thanks for empathizing with us!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Rate and review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!
- Download this episode to your computer
- Episode 5: PTSD with Bernadette Peirce
- Waking the Tiger by Peter Levine
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk
- Louis Cozolino on bring neuroscience into psychotherapy
- Dr. Allan Schore on emotional regulation
- Dr. Daniel Siegel on Mindsight
Disclaimer for "Tony Time" episodes of You, Me, Empathy:
Anthony Ramynke is a California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, licensed by the Board of Behavioral Sciences, license number LMFT47805.