On Episode 5 of You, Me, Empathy, I welcome my friend, fierce mental health advocate, and podcaster Bernadette Peirce to the show to talk about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Bernadette shares her story about her PTSD diagnosis, a traumatic childhood, and working in the mental health industry in Australia.
We discuss volatile childhoods, sexual abuse, sitting with our feelings, dialectical behavioral therapy, alcohol addiction, the isolation of mental illness, and the hope we embrace in our life partners.
Thanks for listening, and thanks for empathizing with us!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron
- Rate and review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!
- Right-click here and save as to download this episode to your computer
- AB Film Review
- Complex PTSD
- Out of the Storm (support for those affected by complex PTSD)
- Stigma app (mental health support app)
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk
- Welcome to Me
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- Bessel van derk Kolk on trauma, development, and healing