On Episode 23 of You, Me, Empathy, I sit down with Shannon Strucci to explore Parasocial Relationships, non-reciprocal relationships we create with fictional characters or famous people, and their impact on mental health.
We also chat about loneliness, being an introvert online, video games, manga, anime, the lack of empathy and danger in binary thinking, making friends online, YouTube culture, and the boundaries we need to create to embrace self care and foster joyful, healthy mental wellness.
Thanks for listening, and thanks for empathizing with us!
For links we mentioned during this episode, scroll down!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe, rate, review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
- Shannon on YouTube: StrucciMovies
- Shannon on Twitter: @StrucciMovies and @plentyofalcoves
- Fake Friends Episode One: Intro to Parasocial Relationships
- Political Correctness and Lessons in Empathy
- The Power of VHS
- How One Piece Changed My Life
- So You Wanna Be a Film Nerd
- Mass Communication and Para-social Interaction
- Red Letter Media
- Running the Game YouTube series from Matthew Colville
- Every Frame a Painting
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!