On Episode 17 of You, Me, Empathy, I explore Mental Health as a Reflection of Others with Mindy Holahan Peters. We chat about how people in our lives impact our mental wellness, being a caretaker as a child, having a brother with autism, and having a dad go through gender transformation.
Mindy opens up about the highs and lows of being a caretaker of her older autistic brother, the courage and strength of her mother through that period, the feeling like she couldn't talk about her father's gender transition because of a more conservative time and living in a small town, and eventually losing her father, Shannon, to cancer—right around the same time she lost her grandfather.
It's a beautiful story, and we hope you love it!
Thanks for listening, and thanks for empathizing with us!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe, rate, review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
- Mindy on Twitter: @holamindy
- Mindy on Instagram: @holamindy
- Codependent No More by Melody Beattie
- Zach Wahls
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!