Trigger Warning: Sexual trauma and its impact discussed on this episode of You, Me, Empathy.
On Episode 37 of You, Me, Empathy, the courageous Hayli Nicole opens up about her anxiety, PTSD diagnosis, the time she was sexually assaulted, and Hayli's gradual healing through meditative practice.
I'm so proud of Hayli for sharing her story. While heartbreaking and horrifying, she's given many millions of people a moment to pause and reflect on their own experiences with sexual assault; she's given you a place to feel less alone and hope for a future in healing and self-care and joy.
In this episode, we also explore the joys of solo adventuring (check out Hayli's travel adventure Instagram feed: @tildeathdowetravel), what happens to use when people close to us die, falling in love with your best friend, a literal road to healing, therapeutic weaving, meditative solitude, dealing with panic attacks and vivid PTSD symptoms, and, my favorite of all, "burners."
Special thanks to Hayli for sharing her story. If you can relate in any way, please leave a comment below, or on Instagram @YouMeEmpathy.
For links we mentioned during this episode, scroll down.
Thanks for listening, and thanks for empathizing with us!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe, rate, review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
- Hayli on Instagram: @haylicans
- Hayli's adventures on Instagram: @tildeathdowetravel
- Hayli's podcast: Pen Pals Podcast
- Pilgrim Magazine
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!