Welcome to the very first episode, the introductory Episode 0, of You, Me, Empathy: Sharing Our Mental Health Stories! I'm so happy you're here. Creating this podcast has been a life-long dream of mine, and it's finally here!
In Episode 0, I sit down with Tony, psychotherapist and friend, to discuss what You, Me, Empathy is, what it means to each of us, why mental health awareness is essential to human growth, and our goal of making You, Me, Empathy a safe place for people to share their struggles and mental health stories.
Tony also shares how he'll be contributing to You, Me, Empathy: separate episodes, him as psychotherapist breaking down the previous episode's topic from a mental health professional's perspective, in a segment we are cheekily calling "Tony Time."
I also share my story, and why I'm here—from the heart guard I created to shut myself off from the world to an abusive father to the anorexia I battled to the healing I've discovered in therapy.
Thank you so much for listening. Thank you for empathizing with me.
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Rate and review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy on Stitcher
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- My story about trauma, anorexia, and emotional control: The Day I Stopped Eating
- Right-click here and save to download this episode to your computer