On Episode 12 of You Me, Empathy, I explore Intimacy and Boundaries with Paul Gilmartin, host of The Mental Illness Happy Hour. Paul shares his experience as the victim of covert incest, creating healthy boundaries, and speaking our truth without being cruel.
We also explore the coping mechanisms we create in childhood, what we do about emotional manipulation from family members, the power of standing up for ourselves, the difference between helping someone and enabling someone, and how to stop making our body our enemy.
How have you struggled with boundaries and intimacy? What are some practices that have helped you create healthier boundaries and relationship with intimacy?
Thanks for listening, and thanks for empathizing with us!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe, rate, review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!
- The Mental Illness Happy Hour
- Support The Mental Illness Happy Hour on Patreon
- Kevin Briggs on The Mental Illness Happy Hour
- Silently Seduced by Ken Adams
- Wilson Rawls quote
- Right-click here to download this episode to your computer