On Episode 2 of You, Me, Empathy, I explore Grief and How Loss Can Motivate Us with comic book artist, cat lover, and Carl Sagan super-fan, Benjamin Dewey. In this episode, we talk about living during the reign of the "Voldemort of our times," grieving the loss of a loved one, grief in falling away from faith, how grief and loss can motivate us in our personal lives, and how we can cope with grief.
Plus, we share some of our empathy heroes, recent movies that moved us (and made us ponder grief and the human experience), and Benjamin casually references the Sword of Damocles.
Thank you for listening. And thank you for empathizing with us.
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Rate and review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy on Stitcher
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- Right-click here and save as to download this episode to your computer
- Benjamin Dewey on Twitter
- Benjamin's new Patreon
- The Autumnlands
- Beasts of Burden
- Against Empathy by Paul Bloom
- Leila Del Duca
- Latter-Day Glory movie
- The Five Invitations by Frank Ostaseski
- If You Have Ghosts by Ghost
- Lady Bird
- The Day I Stopped Eating by me!