On Episode 24 of You, Me, Empathy, Jason Michael and I explore how in getting older, and in Jason's case, in being a parent of kids, impacts our mental health. Jason opens up about being the bullied, lonely only English-speaking kid in a primary French speaking part of Canada, and how that has informed who he is today.
We also chat about what we take from our parents (good and bad), the pressure of getting older, the expectations society has of humans of a certain age, being an example for our children, the time Jason, basketball superstar-wunderkind, lived with his coach's mother (my goodness!), and Jason's fear of death!
Thanks for listening, and thanks for empathizing with us!
For links we mentioned during this episode, scroll down!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe, rate, review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
- Jason on Twitter: @JasonBMichael
- The Atlantic Screen Connection podcast
- My guest appearance (a sickly me) on Atlantic SC
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!