On Episode 18 of You, Me, Empathy, I sit down with my friend David Grabowski to explore the idea of Disconnected Culture—from technology addiction and obsession with "the hustle" to living with intentionality and connecting to ourselves, our fellow humans, our food, and our environment.
We also explore what commune living would be like (hello, orgies and goat sacrifices!), how we can better connect to ourselves and the people in our lives through food (what we eat, how we eat it, who we eat it with), the impact of capitalism on disconnection, the cult of busyness in this modern world, and more.
How do we live more intentionally? Can we opt out of the disconnect? What have you done to make your life simpler, more grounded to the things that matter? I'd love to hear from you!
Thanks for listening, and thanks for empathizing with us!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe, rate, review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
- David's website: DavidGrabowski.com
- David's email: firstname.lastname@example.org (send him your thoughts about communes!)
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Armchair Expert podcast (guest: Kristen Bell)
- Moment app
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!