On Episode 8 of You, Me, Empathy, Tony and I dig deeper into Depression. He explains what he does when a patient comes to him with the thought, "I think I'm depressed." We explore together how to know if you're depressed, how Tony—as a licensed and certified Marriage and Family Therapist—treats depression in his patients, the common misconceptions of depression, the difference between sadness and depression, and more.
Trigger Warning: In this episode, I describe suicidal ideation I experienced.
Thanks for listening, and thanks for empathizing with us!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe, rate, review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!
- Right-click here and save as to download this episode to your computer
- Episode 07: Depression with Eric Zimmer
Disclaimer for "Tony Time" episodes of You, Me, Empathy:
Anthony Ramynke is a California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, licensed by the Board of Behavioral Sciences, license number LMFT47805.