On Episode 7 of You, Me, Empathy, I explore Depression with Eric Zimmer of The One You Feed podcast. We talk about how to cope with depression, what we can do to combat depression, and why we need to distance ourselves from the unreliable narrator in our heads.
Depression is a big idea, with so many millions of people suffering from depression. So how do you wrap your head around it? Eric and I talk about how we each define depression (my friend Jeff Wagg describes depression as a "loss of curiosity" which is just perfect), how it impacts our day to day lives (like how leaving the house is a behemoth chore), the current depression medications we're taking, and, the specific activities (eating better, exercise, gratitude journaling) we do to soften or curb our depression symptoms.
Thanks for listening, and thanks for empathizing with us.
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe, rate, review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!
- Right-click here and save as to download this episode to your computer
- The One You Feed podcast
- Author Matthew Quick's appearance on The One You Feed