Cianna opens up about her own mental health journey, from a relationship loss to the friends who helped her find herself again (they described her as a "button turned off") and ultimately to this understanding that she was reinforcing her bad feelings through complaining.
We also talk about the dangers of the "happiness industry," or this idea that we should just think happy thoughts always. Plus spiritual bypass, the research and writing Cianna has done on complaining and its impact on depression, anxiety, stress, our relationships, and our brain—including why we complain! And Cianna shares the amazing work she's doing with The No Complaining Project and her book, No Complaints. Wh
Can you live a life with no complaints? Try it!
For links we mentioned during this episode, scroll down.
Thanks for listening, and thanks for empathizing with us!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe, rate, review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
- The No Complaining Project
- The No Complaining Project on Facebook
- No Complaints by Cianna Stewart
- Get 10% off books Cianna recommends
- Swallow Me Whole by Nate Powell
- The Bail Project
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!