Note: There's explicit talk of sex, including sexual assault and masturbation, in this episode of You, Me, Empathy.
In this special impromptu collaboration episode, Jessica, Jason, and Jeanne share their experiences with the birds and the bees talk. We explore how being raised in a religious environment impacted our own views on sexuality, masturbation, and pornography. We talk about breaking the stigma of sex, masturbation, and pornography through open, shame-free dialogue. We also cover the fact that all forms of love are acceptable and valid.
Plus, DH Lawrence, sticky t-shirts, condoms, birds and the bees cartoons, growing up with a Catholic nun as a parent, and much more. Special thanks to Jessica, Jason, and Jeanne for sharing!
For links we mentioned during this episode, scroll down.
Thanks for listening, and thanks for empathizing with us!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe, rate, review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
- Paranormal Girlfriend - Animation by Jeanne Hospod
- Where Did I Come From?
- The Women's Room by Marilyn French
- Atlantic Screen Connection podcast
- Jason on Twitter
- Jessica on Twitter
- Jeanne on Twitter
- One-Headed Beast (Jeanne did animation on this)
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!