You, Me, Empathy - Episode 15: Bipolar Disorder and the "Crazy Artist" Stereotype with Sarah Jickling
*Trigger Warning: Suicide is discussed on this episode of You, Me, Empathy*
On Episode 15 of You, Me, Empathy, I chat with singer-songwriter Sarah Jickling about Bipolar Disorder, the "crazy artist" stereotype, and our gifts vs. disabilities. Sarah shares her story about growing up surrounded by mental illness, childhood panic attacks, feeling like her family was cursed, dealing with misophonia, the nightmares that she's had since she was a kid, and how bipolar disorder has transformed her life and art.
Sarah is an amazing songwriter and singer too, and her music is a representation of her desire to break down mental health stigma and foster awareness of those with bipolar disorder and other mental illness. Check out her music on Spotify!
IT'S OKAY ZINE GIVEAWAY!
Sarah also created an amazing little zine called It's Okay . . . A Handbook for Human Beings! The zine also includes a free download of Sarah's album, When I Get Better!
And I am giving away four copies! Along with some other You, Me, Empathy goodies (stickers, buttons, joy!).
To Enter the Giveaway:
- Share the pinned tweet about this episode/giveaway at the top of the @YouMeEmpathy Twitter feed.
- Leave a review/rating in Apple Podcasts for You, Me, Empathy (tweet a screenshot of your review).
Thanks for listening, and thanks for empathizing with us!
Support You, Me, Empathy:
- Become a You, Me, Empathy patron on Patreon!
- Subscribe, rate, review You, Me, Empathy on iTunes
- Subscribe to You, Me, Empathy in Stitcher
- Sarah's website: SarahsGoodBadLuck.com
- Sarah and Her Good Bad Luck on Spotify
- Sarah on Instagram: @sarah.jickling
- Amelia Butcher's ceramics
- The Dusty Babes
- Maria Bamford
- Lady Dynamite
- The Trick is To Keep Breathing by Janice Galloway
Follow You, Me, Empathy on Social Media:
- @YouMeEmpathy on Instagram
- @YouMeEmpathy on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Twitter
- @subjectplusverb on Instagram
- Join the You, Me, Empathy Group on Facebook!