Red Vines, Manure and Jessica: My Thanks
It's Thanksgiving. And here's what I am thankful for:
- I am thankful for Jessica. She is the very best thing in my life. Even better than Red Vines.
- I am thankful for Red Vines, or licorice in all of its forms. Even though you aren't as loving or as insightful as Jessica, you bless me with overwhelming amounts of joy and equal amounts of scorn from dentists.
- I am thankful for family: the goofiness and warmth of the Dobson and Van Os families and the love and craziness of the Wels gang.
- I am thankful for words, their fascinating etymologies and the curious ways in which I get to use them.
- I am thankful for Scooby and Schein. You are hairy, and your hair seems to have become a permanent fixture at the roof of my mouth, but you are loving and smart enough to know that Jessica is better at controlling you.
- I am thankful for running; which is to say I am thankful for my health, Isaac, Tannen, Josh and Justin.
- I am thankful for my standing desk and the freedom it affords me to break out in dance.
- I am thankful for Paladin and Tessa. You have yet to eat my brains and I get to shovel your manure.
- I am thankful for Looper, Game of Thrones, Friday Night Lights, Raiders of the Lost Ark in IMAX and Cabin in the Woods. You have entertained me greatly this year.
- Lastly, I am thankful for an existence that requires us all to continue growing and learning and challenging ourselves in ways that benefit our wondrous brain spaces.
Happy Thanksgiving, folks.